DENTAL WATERLINE TEST
FOR IN-OFFICE USE
Why do we need to test the dental waterlines?
Compliance is vital to both patient and clinician safety. Testing helps you ensure the cleaning protocol is effective.
According to both CDC and ADA , the water used in routine dental treatment at a minimum needs to meet EPA regulatory standards for drinking water (i.e.500 CFU/mL of heterotrophic water bacteria).
“ The only way to ensure effectiveness of a dental unit waterline cleaning regimen is to actually test the water coming out of the unit.” (ADA)
- slow to produce results (48-72 hours)
- in many cases unable to detect Non-tuberculosis Mycobacteria (NTM)
- built on simplified HPC methods – are unable to detect all bacteria present in waterlines(*)
(*)HPC methods were developed over 100 years ago, and were considered by USAF as less accurate and reliable than lab testing
Our Solution: AquaVial™ Quick Check
- AquaVialTM Quick Check is a rapid dental waterline test, designed to detect bacteria, fungi and biofilm in water over the 500 CFU/ml – the limit recommended by CDC and ADA.
- In addition, it is FAST. The results can be read in 15-30 minutes, depending on the level of contamination. There is no need for an incubator.
- Using a revolutionary nanotechnology reagent/solution, AquaVialTM Quick Check is able to detect any bacteria and fungi, including NTM bacteria, that would not show on a pad test.
- AquaVialTM Quick Check detects in minutes a wide range of microorganisms hard to detect, such as Legionella and Mycobacteria, using regular in-office test kits.
- AquaVialTM Quick Check is designed specifically for use in dental offices. The test produces results equivalent to Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC) using R2A media, with 7 day incubation period.
- AquaVialTM Quick Check works similarly to an antigen test to detect specific targets on bacteria and fungi cell surface.
- The AquaVialTM Quick Check represents a significant technological advance for in-office testing in dental offices. The test was developed specifically for dental offices and has been used by dental professionals worldwide since 2016.
- AquaVialTM Quick Check is compatible with all dental waterline cleaners.
How AquaVial™ Quick Check Works?
present, no contamination.
with bacteria cells.
Highly contaminated water
How AquaVial™ Quick Check compare with other testing methods?
|AquavialTM Quick Check||HPC* Dip slide||Laboratory|
|Rapidity||15-30 min||48-72 hours||1-10 days|
|Easy to read results||Yes||No||Yes|
|Detects broad range of microorganisms||Yes||No||Depending on the method used|
|Probability of False Negative results||Low||High||Depending on the method used|
How to Video
A study was performed in the dental clinic of a Dental College, to assess the bacteria levels in the dental chair water lines. Of the 24 chairs in the clinic, 12 were randomly selected for this test. The test was performed on three points for each chair.